WELCOME to Winkie's Kitty Cat Blog

Welcome to Winkie's Kitty Cat Blog!



Winkie’s Kitty Cat Blog was created by David McIntire for the kitty cat lovers of the world, and, is meant to serve as an outlet for those of you who may have photos, or, a short story of your little furry friends that you would like to share, and have added to the Kitty Cat Blog.
Also, the Kitty Cat Blog will have articles posted that are related to the things that concern kitty cats such as “How To Tips” on caring for our little friends.

If any of the readers of this blog have unusual, interesting, beautiful, or, just good photos of your kitty cats, along with a good short story, that you would like to share, please contact David McIntire at: david@davidmcintire.com and we will contact you as soon as possible to make arrangements to add your content to the Kitty Cat Blog. Adding your photos, stories, and comments to the Kitty Cat Blog is “Free”.

We reserve the right to post, or not to post any content that is submitted to this blog. Also we reserve the right to delete any content that has been posted on this blog as we see fit. You will retrain any copyrights that you may have to your submitted materials.

Come, and “Join In". Feel free to submit your kitty cat photos, your comments, or, your short kitty cat stories, (fact or, fiction) and if we like them, we will post them.

Let’s have some fun.


DavidMcIntire







Saturday, January 1, 2011

Dec 4, Four cats that are happy inside

by Garry Wentworth.
(Grand Forks ND)

I have four very contented, fit and able, well adjusted happy indoor cats. I also have a couple of close neighbors who seem to think fit to tell me repeatedly how wrong I am to keep cats inside.

They are my cats. They get the best of care and have all they need. Yet I am accused of being cruel. These people do not get that I do not want my cats to end their days under the wheel of an auto or be ripped to pieces by a wild animal or be snatched and sold for research. I also do not want some cretin taking pot shots at them with an air soft. It happens that I also like wild birds and I don't want any cat of mine ripping them up.

For this I am selfish and cruel apparently.

One of my dear neighbors keeps parakeets. Does she think she is selfish and cruel by keeping them inside? No way, but apparently my cats are different to her precious birds.

Most of the time, Bates, Captain, Boop and Mary, have the run of the house. But they have their own room fitted out with two condos, scratchers, tunnels and a run of high shelving with balls and toys suspended above they love to swipe at. Their litter pans, one for each, are in their.

I have also constructed a outside run for them. They are only interested in venturing out in it when the sun is in the sky, otherwise they are not interested at all and after about two hours the most they trot back into the house. I'm out in the yard with them every time they are in the run.

Bates is the oldest, he is twelve years. He is the boss guy but rarely throws his weight around, he does not have to. I got him as a kitten and was going to name him Psycho but Bates serves just as good. He has a stare that makes you think he is going to rip out your heart. He keeps his place as boss guy just by using that stare. But he is as gentle a pussycat as can ever be. A happy and affectionate animal. Captain is a big shaggy ten years old tabby who looks like he should be in charge, but never says boo to a goose. He is content whatever happens.

As a kitten Boop's head and eyes were large, all kittens have big heads but hers stood out. So Betty Boop was the obvious choice of name for her, haven't used the Betty part in years. Her head still looks a little big but mainly because she has such a skinny body, not that she doesn't eat her share, just the way she is. Mary is Boop's sister. If anyone of them is going to be trouble it is Mary. She has mischief within her, but she is sweet just the same, as happy and cuddlesome as the rest of the gang. Boop and Mary are seven years now.

Vet bills no problem. All four are healthy and always have been. If they do need anything they get it, I am fortunate that I have been blessed so taking care of four cats is no problem at all. I am not thinking of increasing the gang, four happy creatures is fine. But if someone were to knock at my door with a kitten or cat that needed a home I can't say I would resist. But of course the newcomer would be an indoor cat, yes indeed.

My neighbors can have their opinions, I do wish they would keep their opinions to themselves, but I know my cats are as happy as they would be if left to roam about all day, and safer too.


View the original article here

No comments: